Introducing Bookkeeping for Entrepreneurs
Course code: FIN01
Numbers! Numbers! Numbers! Wherever you go, you are bound to see them. On addresses, license plates, phones, prices, and of course, money! Numbers connect us all to each other in many more ways than we might imagine. Essentially, our world revolves around numbers.
Some of us enjoy dealing with numbers while others may have a fear of them, or even a phobia. For those of you who have already recognized and appreciate the impact that numbers actually have on just about everything, you deserve a cookie. Welcome to Basic Bookkeeping!
- Understand basic accounting terminology.
- Identify the differences between the cash and accrual accounting methods.
- Keep track of your business by becoming familiar with accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Use a journal and general ledger to document business financials.
- Utilize the balance sheet.
- Identify different types of financial statements.
- Uncover the reasons for and actually create a budget.
- Be familiar with internal and external auditing.
During this course the following online simulations will be carried out during the day to re-inforce the learning
Fundamentals of Accounting Simulation
The Basic Accounting Equation, Transactions, Double-entry Accounting, Profit
In this exercise, you will learn about the fundamental principles of accounting. You will discover how accounting helps keep records of a business’ property and transactions and keep track of profits. You will learn about the basic accounting equation, accounting transactions, and double-entry accounting. To put these principles into practice, you will conduct a simple accounting audit to help the owner of a small business discover the cause of certain discrepancies in the firm’s accounting books.
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Non-finance managers
- Administrative staff
- All professionals interested in the basics of bookkeeping and accounting
If interested in this course contact Abilitude Professional Solutions on firstname.lastname@example.org or call
+250 722 000 111
Course level: Basic
Start date: Tuesday 21st May 2019
Finish date: Tuesday 21st May 2019
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Price: US $115