Assertiveness & Self Confidence
Self-confident and assertiveness are two skills that are crucial for success in life. If you don’t feel worthy, and/or you don’t know how to express your self-worth when communicating with others, life can be very painful. These skills will provide opportunities and benefits to you in your professional and personal life.
The Assertiveness And Self-Confidence course will give you an understanding of what assertiveness and self-confidence each mean (in general and to you personally) and how to develop those feelings in your day-to-day life. These skills will encompass many aspects of your life and have a positive effect on you.
- Define assertiveness and self-confidence, and list the four styles of communication
- Describe the types of negative thinking, and how one can overcome negative thoughts
- Explain the difference between listening and hearing.
- Define the importance of goal setting, and practice setting SMART goals for assertive behavior
- Utilize methodologies for understanding your worth — and the use of positive self-talk
- List reasons why a pleasing appearance and body language are critical for creating a strong first impression
- Practice sending positive communications phrased as “I-Messages”